- Braithwaite, Alex and Tiffany S. Chu. “Civil conflicts abroad, foreign fighters, and terrorism at home.” Forthcoming at Journal of Conflict Resolution.
- Braithwaite, Alex and Luna Ruiz. "Female Combatants, Forced Recruitment, and Civil Conflict Outcomes." Forthcoming at Research & Politics.
- Chu, Tiffany S. and Alex Braithwaite. “The Impact of Foreign Fighters on Civil Conflict Outcomes.” Forthcoming at Research & Politics.
- Chu, Tiffany and Jessica Maves Braithwaite. "The Effect of Sexual Violence on Negotiated Outcomes in Civil Conflicts." Conflict Management and Peace Science, 35(3): 233-247.
- Dorff, Cassy and Jessica Maves Braithwaite. "Fear of Nonviolent Organizing in Mexico's Criminal Conflict." Forthcoming at Journal of Global and Security Studies.
- Liendo, Nicolás and Jessica Maves Braithwaite. "Determinants of Colombian Attitudes Toward the Peace Process." Forthcoming at Conflict Management and Peace Science.
- Osorio, Javier, Livia Schubiger, and Michael Weintraub."Disappearing Dissent? Repression and State Consolidation in Mexico." Journal of Peace Research 55(2) 252-266.
- Volgy, Thomas J., Kelly Marie Gordell, and Paul Bezerra. "Crucial Fault Lines in the Middle East: Interstate Rivalries in Comparative Perspective." In Mansour and Thompson (eds.), Shocks and Rivalry: Whatever Happened to Interstate Antagonisms in the Middle East? Georgetown: Georgetown University Press (forthcoming).
- Braithwaite, Alex and Jeffrey Kucik. “Does the presence of foreign troops affect stability in the host country?” Foreign Policy Analysis, in press.
- Burton, Lucy, Shane Johnson, and Alex Braithwaite. “Potential uses of numerical simulation for the modelling of civil conflict” Peace Economics, Peace Science and Public Policy, in press.
- Ryckman, Kirssa Cline and Jessica Maves Braithwaite. "Changing Horses in Midstream: Leadership Changes and the Civil War Peace Process." Conflict Management and Peace Science.
- Ryckman, Kirssa Cline. "Lasting Peace or Temporary Calm? Rebel Group Decapitation and Civil War Outcomes." Conflict Management and Peace Science.
- Ryckman, Kirssa Cline and Mike Ryckman. "All Politics Is Local: The Domestic Agenda of Terror Groups and the Study of Transnational Attacks." Journal of Global Security Studies. 2(1): 55-73.
- Volgy, Thomas J., Kelly Gordell, J. Patrick Rhamey, and Paul Bezerra. "Conflicts, Regions, and Regional Hierarchies." In W.R. Thompson (ed.), The Oxford Encyclopedia of Empirical International Relations Theories. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Bezerra, Paul and Alex Braithwaite. "Locating Foreign Aid Commitments in Response to Political Violence." Public Choice 169 (3-4): 333-355.
- Braithwaite, Alex, Niheer Dasandi, and David Hudson. "Does Poverty Cause Conflict? Isolating the Causal Origins of the Conflict Trap." Conflict Management & Peace Science 33 (1): 45-66.
- Braithwaite, Jessica Maves and Jun Koga Sudduth. "Military Purges and Civil Conflict Recurrence." Research and Politics, 3(1).
- Ryckman, Kirssa Cline. "Ratification as Accommodation: Domestic Dissent and Human Rights Treaties." Journal of Peace Research. 53(4): 582-596.